Supply Chain, Transportation and Logistics for Modular Projects Online Course (OT-204)
Industrial Modularization has been proven on a global basis to reduce cost and provide cost and schedule certainty. Other benefits include reduced key material quantities, improved safety and quality and reduced labour risk. The objective of industrial modularization is to move site labour offsite to a controlled environment. This is achieved by locating the piping, electrical, instrumentation and controls on to modules (blocks) that are contained within an approved transportation size.
The objective of this training workshop is to review modular supply chain, transportation and logistics requirements and methods. The approaches introduced in this workshop will complement and enhance the Construction Industry Institute (CII) best practice for industrial modularization. We will review the supply chain differences between traditional stick-built executions vs. modular executions and what supply chain, transportation and logistics considerations are required for modular executions. This training workshop is intended to be interactive.
Participants of this workshop should leave with an understanding of the following:
- What are the key supply chain requirements for modular projects?
- What are the requirements for modular material management?
- What are the pre-qualification and qualification requirements for modular fabrication and assembly contracts?
- Why are the transportation and logistics methods so important on modular projects?
- What are the responsibilities and requirements for the transportation and logistics group?
- What are the logistics, transportation and supply chain risks and mitigation strategies?
- Supply chain collaboration requirements
- Differences compared to traditional stick-built designs
- Supply chain modular requirements
- Material management requirements
- Contract management requirements
- Overview of modular transportation methods
- Transportation and logistics modular responsibilities and requirements
- Modular risk and mitigation strategies
- Instructor led by one of our modularization subject matter experts with a combination of:
- Instructor presentations
- Online Classroom Delivery
- 4 hrs
- June 1, 2021 – 9am to 1pm MST
- $295 CAD (all-in including all applicable taxes)