Modular Project Execution Online Course (OT-101)
Industrial Modularization has been proven on a global basis to reduce cost and provide cost and schedule certainty. Other benefits include reduced key material quantities, improved safety and quality and reduced labour risk. The objective of industrial modularization is to move site labour offsite to a controlled environment. This is achieved by locating the piping, electrical, instrumentation and controls on to modules (blocks) that are contained within an approved transportation size.
The objective of this training workshop is to review modular project execution requirements and differences to traditional stick-built executions. The methods introduced in this workshop will complement and enhance the Construction Industry Institute (CII) best practice for industrial modularization. We will review the differences between traditional stick-built executions vs. modular executions and designs and what project execution considerations are required for modular executions. This training workshop is intended to be interactive.
Participants of this workshop should leave with an understanding of the following:
- When and what is required when deciding to modularize?
- What are the differences in execution between traditional stick-built approach vs. modular execution approach?
- What are some of the methods and considerations for modular execution?
- How to ensure a successful modular execution?
- What are the main risks for a modular execution and mitigation strategies?
- Considerations in deciding whether to modularize
- Modular project execution differences compared to traditional stick-built executions
- Modular project execution considerations
- Considerations at each project phase
- Considerations if modularization is a detailed engineering strategy
- AWP requirements
- Module management responsibilities
- Project interface requirements
- Modular risk and mitigation strategies
- Instructor led by one of our modularization subject matter experts with a combination of:
- Instructor presentations
- Online Classroom Delivery
- 5 hrs
- Aug 20, 2020 – 10am to 3pm MST
- $225 CAD (all-in including all applicable taxes)