Modular Layout Methods Online Course (OT-103B)
Industrial Modularization has been proven on a global basis to reduce cost and provide cost and schedule certainty. Other benefits include reduced key material quantities, improved safety and quality and reduced labour risk. The objective of industrial modularization is to move site labour offsite to a controlled environment. This is achieved by locating the piping, electrical, instrumentation and controls on to modules (blocks) that are contained within an approved transportation size.
The objective of this training workshop is to review modular layout requirements and methods. We will review what considerations are required for an optimum modular layout. This training workshop is intended to be interactive.
Participants of this workshop should leave with an understanding of the following:
- What is required to develop an optimum modular layout?
- What are some layout methods used for a modular design?
- How to address access and egress in a modular design?
- How to address operation and maintenance in a modular design?
- Modular layout requirements including
- Module base frame, shipping envelope and setting
- Access and egress
- Material handling strategy
- Clam shell module layouts
- Discipline modular layout requirements
- 4-Step Optimum modular layout process
- Instructor led by one of our modularization subject matter experts with a combination of:
- Instructor presentations
- Online Classroom Delivery
- 4 hrs
- Sep 1, 2020 – 10am to 2pm MST
- $175 CAD (all-in including all applicable taxes)