Introduction to Modular Execution and Design Online Course (OT-100)
Industrial Modularization has been proven on a global basis to reduce cost and provide cost and schedule certainty. Other benefits include reduced key material quantities, improved safety and quality and reduced labour risk. The objective of industrial modularization is to move site labour offsite to a controlled environment. This is achieved by locating the piping, electrical, instrumentation and controls on to modules (blocks) that are contained within an approved transportation size.
The objective of this training workshop is to introduce participants to industrial modular execution and design approaches. The methods introduced in this workshop will complement and enhance the Construction Industry Institute (CII) best practice for industrial modularization. We will review the module types and categories, transportation variations, the benefits of modularization and how important collaboration is to the success of a modular project. This training workshop is intended to be interactive.
Participants of this workshop should leave with an understanding of the following:
- What are the different module types and transportation considerations?
- Why would a modular execution and design approach be considered?
- Why collaboration is critical to the success of modular executed projects?
- What are the general differences in execution and design between a traditional stick-built approach vs. a modular execution and design approach?
- What are some of the general methods and considerations for a modular execution and design?
- Introduction to Industrial Modular Execution and Design
- Overview of the Module Types and Categories
- Overview of Variations in Module Transport
- Benefits and Project Drivers of Modular Execution and Design
- Overview of the Modular Execution Differences and Considerations
- Project Collaboration and the Importance to a Modular Execution
- Overview of the Modular Design Differences and Considerations
- Instructor led by one of our modularization subject matter experts with a combination of:
- Instructor presentations
- Online Classroom Delivery
- 4 hrs
- Aug 13, 2020 – 10am to 2pm MST
- $175 CAD (all-in including all applicable taxes)