Civil/Structural/Architectural Engineering and Design for Modular Projects Online Course (OT-203E)
Industrial Modularization has been proven on a global basis to reduce cost and provide cost and schedule certainty. Other benefits include reduced key material quantities, improved safety and quality and reduced labour risk. The objective of industrial modularization is to move site labour offsite to a controlled environment. This is achieved by locating the piping, electrical, instrumentation and controls on to modules (blocks) that are contained within an approved transportation size.
The objective of this training workshop is to review the modular Civil, Structural and Architectural (CSA) engineering and design requirements. The methods introduced in this workshop will complement and enhance the Construction Industry Institute (CII) best practice for industrial modularization. We will review the CSA differences between traditional stick-built designs vs. modular designs and what CSA considerations are required for modular designs. This training workshop is intended to be interactive.
Participants of this workshop should leave with an understanding of the following:
- What collaboration methods are required for CSA engineering and design?
- How the module structural frame is developed for modular designs?
- What are the modular CSA design differences compared to traditional stick-built designs?
- What are the CSA engineering and design requirements for modular designs?
- CSA engineering and design collaboration requirements
- Differences compared to traditional stick-built designs
- Modular CSA engineering and design requirements including:
- Base frame design
- Underground drain piping
- Structural design methods including transportation considerations
- Dynamic equipment on modules
- Architectural requirements
- Instructor led by one of our modularization subject matter experts with a combination of:
- Instructor presentations
- Online Classroom Delivery
- 4 hrs
- May 11, 2021 – 9am to 1pm MST
- $295 CAD (all-in including all applicable taxes)