Planning, Scheduling and Estimating Methods for Modular Projects Online Course (OT-202)
Industrial Modularization has been proven on a global basis to reduce cost and provide cost and schedule certainty. Other benefits include reduced key material quantities, improved safety and quality and reduced labour risk. The objective of industrial modularization is to move site labour offsite to a controlled environment. This is achieved by locating the piping, electrical, instrumentation and controls on to modules (blocks) that are contained within an approved transportation size.
The objective of this training workshop is to review modular planning, scheduling, and estimating methods. The methods introduced in this workshop will complement and enhance the Construction Industry Institute (CII) best practice for industrial modularization. We will detail modular planning and scheduling methods, including the differences compared to stick-built executions and review the estimating tools that can be utilized for a modular project. This training workshop is intended to be interactive.
Participants of this workshop should leave with an understanding of the following:
- What is required for planning and scheduling a modular project?
- How to plan and schedule a modular project?
- What are the differences for scheduling modular executions when compared to stick-built executions?
- What estimating methods and tools are available for a modular project?
- Modular planning and schedule differences of modular executions compared to traditional stick-built executions
- Modular planning and schedule considerations and methods including
- Module scheduling
- AWP requirements
- Engineering progressing requirements
- Module contractor progressing requirements
- Modular estimating methods and considerations
- Attended the OT-200 Introduction to Industrial Modularization Course and the OT-201 Project Execution Requirements for Modular Projects Course or have a general understanding of Industrial Modularization and the execution differences
- Instructor led by one of our modularization subject matter experts with a combination of:
- Instructor presentations
- Online Classroom Delivery
- 4 hrs
- $495 CAD
Contact us to be put on a waiting list