Introduction to Modular Execution and Design Online Course (OT-200)
Industrial Modularization has been proven on a global basis to reduce cost and provide cost and schedule certainty. Other benefits include reduced key material quantities, improved safety and quality and reduced labour risk. The objective of industrial modularization is to move site labour offsite to a controlled environment. This is achieved by locating the piping, electrical, instrumentation and controls on to modules (blocks) that are contained within an approved transportation size.
The objective of this training course is to introduce participants to industrial modular execution and design approaches. The methods introduced in this workshop will complement and enhance the Construction Industry Institute (CII) best practice for industrial modularization. We will review the module types and categories, transportation variations, the benefits of modularization and key modular project execution and design considerations. This training course is intended to be interactive.
Participants of this workshop should leave with an understanding of the following:
- What is Industrial Modularization?
- What are the different module types and transportation considerations?
- Why would a modular execution and design approach be considered?
- Introduction to Industrial Modular Execution and Design
- Overview of the Module Types and Categories
- Benefits and Project Drivers of Modular Execution and Design
- Instructor led by one of our modularization subject matter experts with a combination of:
- Instructor presentations
- Online Classroom Delivery
- 2 hrs
Date and Time
- 10am to 12pm MST
- $250 CAD