How to Achieve Capital Efficiency Utilizing Modularization Strategies?
DyCat Solutions recently presented this topic in May of 2019 at the Modular and Offsite Construction Summit 2019. Over the last several decades, capital projects have significantly increased in final total installed cost resulting in a negative impact on return. Operators are now evaluating their future programs based on their “capital efficiency”.
Defined, capital efficiency is the ratio of facility to the amount of capital expenditure involved in constructing and maintaining a facility. The comparison serves as a method of determining whether a facility should be funded, funded with adjustments, or abandoned and the resources diverted to other projects.
Modularization is a proven strategy that will provide capital efficiency for your project. DyCat Solutions employ five (5) key modularization steps that will improve the capital efficiency of your project. They are as follows:
1. Establish modularization as an effective strategy
2. Establish most effective module transportation for maximum size and weight
3. Establish acceptable modular design methods
4. Develop optimum modular layout
5. Ensure optimum amount of modularization vs. pre-assemblies
These above steps have been proven to provide an optimum amount of modularization.